Spire is Temporarily Closed At This Time
Updated March 27th, 2020
Dear Spire Community,
We are completely at a loss of words over the amount of support our community has provided during our COVID closure. We can’t thank all of you enough for your kind words of encouragement, sharing our yoga classes on social media, and keeping it local with your gear purchases. We always knew our community was incredible, but these last few weeks have shown us just how amazing you all are.
In complying with the Gallatin Valley Health department’s mandate, the gym will be closed through the extent of the mandated closure which is currently April 17th at 8 AM. We will also be ceasing all gear sales until we reopen. In the meanwhile, we will continue our online yoga classes, with instructors sheltering in place at their homes and filming from there. Our staff fervently deep cleaned every inch of the facility over the last few days in preparation for reopening, and we can’t wait to see all of you again.
What does this mean for my current membership?
- Unless you've opted in to support us during our closure, we will not be running billing on April 1st except for outstanding invoices for food & gear purchased before we closed.
- Your credit for the closure in March will be applied to your next bill.
- When we re-open we will charge pro-rated dues for the remainder of the month that we re-open.
- All prepaid memberships will have their memberships extended by the length of our closure
- All freezes during the closure are free.
How you can support Spire during the closure:
- Keep your membership active by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Many of you have already opted to do so, and we cannot thank you enough for your support.
- Attend online yoga and contribute if you can.
- Purchase a punch card online for use once we reopen.
- Buy gift cards online for the climber, or soon to be climber, in your life.
Keep social distancing, play it safe if you choose to recreate outdoors, and be kind when you venture out for necessary supplies.
We can say without a doubt that this is the biggest crux Spire has ever faced, but we stand strong with all of you while we shelter in place. Again, thank you for all your support, and we can’t wait to see you all in person again.
Stay safe and healthy,
Updated March 24th, 2020
We will be offering live classes to bring the calming benefits of yoga + fitness to the safety of your home. We will be live streaming these classes below via Facebook Live, and no Facebook account will be required to view.
Updated March 16th, 2020
Dear Spire Community,
After much thought and consideration, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close our doors in an effort to comply with the guidelines described by the Center for Disease Control. We have tried to balance the benefits of staying open for our community, but at this point we feel we have a greater responsibility to the safety and well-being of our greater community. Because our number one commitment is the health of our members, guests, and staff, it is vital that we take the necessary steps to help contain the spread and flatten the curve of COVID-19.
We will be closing our doors effective immediately and hope to reopen March 30th. The impact of the outbreak on our community is changing daily, and we will provide you with updates regarding reopening as soon as possible.
Community and Staff
Our community and over 50 staff members mean the world to us and are what make Spire the great place that it is. Without all of you we would not be who we are! We are committed to our amazing staff and plan to financially support them the best we can during this unpredictable time.
All autopay members will receive a prorated credit on their account for the closure period, which will be applied to future membership dues. This will be done automatically, and no action is required by you. We will provide a status update by the end of day Friday March 27th and communicate whether the closure will extend beyond March 31st, resulting in the suspension of April billing.
Frozen memberships will not be charged a freeze fee during the closure.
Prepaid memberships will automatically be extended the length of our closure.
If you have items in your locker that you need please collect them by the end of day today or tomorrow between 12-4pm.
Youth Programs and Climbing Team
All participants will receive a prorated credit for the closure period, which will be applied to future dues. For classes that need to be refunded or rescheduled, we will reach out to you soon.
Support and Patience
We are confident that our community will get through this, and we are already looking forward to seeing you back in the gym. Please hang in there with us, support our community any way you can, and remember to wash hands and practice social distancing. We believe in the long run this will only bring our community closer together.
If you do need to contact us, please do so by emailing us at email@example.com We anticipate a high volume of requests and questions at this time, and we will respond as quickly as we can.
Thank you for your patience, and from the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for being part of our community!
Meg, Jeff, and the Spire management team
Updated March 15th, 2020
In our ongoing effort to help keep our community safer:
• Beginning today, 3/15, we will temporarily be discontinuing punch card usage, day pass sales, and guest pass usage. Spire will be open to members only. This will reduce the number of customers at Spire and help us maintain social distancing, as recommended by the CDC.
• Beginning today, 3/15, we will no longer be administering auto-belay, top rope, or lead climbing lessons or tests. We will not be renting ropes, shoes, harnesses or belay devices. This will reduce close contact and shared items between staff and customers.
• Beginning today, 3/15, we will be limiting yoga classes to 8 students per class and canceling all fitness classes to allow for adequate distances between students. Hands-on assists and aromatherapy will be halted. Check back for yoga updates, pre-register online to guarantee your spot in class. and please bring your own yoga mat.
This is a dynamic situation with much uncertainty, but we will keep you in the loop via our website, Facebook/Instagram, and email. We thank you for your loyalty and understanding.
Updated March 13th, 2020
Dear Spire Community,
With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) spreading across the US, we want to let you know what we are doing proactively to keep our community as safe as we can during the outbreak.
What we are doing now
While we have always strived to have a clean facility, with the current concerns, we’ve stepped up our already strong daily cleaning to include frequent wipe downs of high touch surfaces (door handles, countertops, credit card terminals, etc.) and daily deep cleans of the entire facility. We started this cleaning protocol earlier this week to help prevent the spread of the virus if it already is in Bozeman undetected.
At this time, classes and programs are running, and the gym is open, but we will continue to monitor the situation and follow all guidelines from federal and local health authorities.
How you can help us keep our community safer
• Stay home if you are feeling ill
• Wash hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds before and after climbing and after using the restroom or touching your face
• Avoid touching your face while climbing. As science understands the virus, it cannot spread via sweat, only via secretions from your nose, mouth, and eyes.
• Wipe down weights/exercise equipment that you have touched with available disinfectant
• Use hand sanitizer (supplies are nationally limited; we are doing our best to keep our pumps full)
• Use your own yoga mat
• Bring your own lead rope
• Cough/sneeze into your arm, or better yet, a tissue that is immediately disposed of in a trash can.
We are requiring all staff who are sick to stay home but will do our best to find substitute teachers for our climbing, yoga, and fitness classes, as well as youth programs. We may occasionally have to cancel a class, so be sure to check the online calendar before heading in for a yoga or fitness session.
Plans for the future
Currently Spire is open regular business hours, and all classes and programs are running. Should conditions change, we will reassess and keep all of you in the loop via email, website, and our Instagram/Facebook pages.
We will continue to monitor local and federal governmental health agencies for guidance and will comply with all mandated guidelines.
We hope our community members stay healthy and safe. Thank you for your help in containing the spread of the virus.