FGD is back! Join us on Nov 6th for our 21st annual Full Gravity Day bouldering extravaganza. You can boulder your brains out while having fun and competing against the strongest climbers in Southwest Montana. Finals are also back this year, so don’t miss out! We’ll have a DJ, lights, huge raffle, and prizes galore. COVID policies will still apply this year so please be respectful.
Date: November 6th, 2021
- Youth USAC Regional Qualifier: $60 – Includes entry and t-shirt. Competitors must register online via the USAC website here. Click Join now and log in to your Sport:80 account to sign up for the Spire Climbing + Fitness Bouldering Qualifying Event. Youth competitors will need a current USAC membership to register.
- Citizens Comp: $55 - online pre-registration or at Spire until 5pm the day before. $60 - day of competition. Price includes adult beverage (for those of age), raffle ticket, and spectator entry to finals. T-shirts are an additional $10. Click here to register online or register at Spire the day of event. On a budget and can’t afford the entry fee? Volunteer for the comp here and we’ll cover your entry! Click here for volunteering opportunities.
*Register early to guarantee yourself an awesome t-shirt! Shirts are first-come, first-served based on time of registration.
Competition Formats and Scoring:
- Youth Comp (Sessions 1 and 2): USAC Modified Redpoint scoring.
- Citizens Comp (Session 3): Masters, Open and Intermediate/Beginner. Redpoint scoring, top 5 completed problems. Failed attempts on scored problems will result in a one point reduction for each attempt. Top 5 open competitors will proceed to finals. Finals Round is onsight (3 problems).
- Gravity (Session 3): As many problems as you can do! One point each. No limit on tries.
- Scoring: All Citizens competitors will need to download the KAYA app onto a mobile device and join either the “FGD 21 - Citizens Qualifier” or “FGD 21 – Gravity Comp” challenge to enter their scores and see live results during the competition.
- Rules: Click HERE for all competition rules. All competitors must read prior to competition. We will not have rules meetings this year so please ask the chief judge if you have any questions.
Full Gravity Day is now part of the Montana Last Best Competition Series (more info to come…)
Prizes and Swag: $1750 cash purse for top 3 open category finalists, prizes for category winners, youth and citizens’ raffle.
- Qualifiers: Due to COVID spectating is not allowed during citizens qualifiers. Youth participants are allowed one parent/spectator per family. Coaches are allowed.
- Finals: All competitors receive free entry to finals. Non-competitor $10 for Spire members, $15 for non-members. Includes a free adult beverage while supplies last, so don’t show up late. Due to COVID there will be a limit of 100 non-competitor spectators. You can pre purchase a spectator ticket online here. Finals will also broadcast live on Spire’s Facebook page.
COVID Policies: MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED THROUGHOUT THE EVENT FOR ALL COMPETITORS AND SPECTATORS. Please help us out and comply to this policy so we can have a safe/fun event.
Food: Food Trucks (Truck'o Montes) 11am - 8pm will be here throughout the day to nourish hungry climbers and spectators with Bozeman’s best tacos.
Youth C/D Session 1
- Check in: 7 - 7:45am
- Technical Meeting (Judges and Coaches only): 7:45 - 8am
- Climbing: 8 - 11am
Youth B/A/Jr Session 2
- Check in: 10:30 - 11:15
- Technical Meeting (Judges and Coaches only): 11:15 - 11:30am
- Climbing 11:30am - 2:30pm
Citizens Comp Session 3
- Check in: 2:15 – 3pm
- Climbing: 3 – 6pm
- Iso Check in: 6:30 – 7pm
- Doors open for Spectators: 7pm
- Finals: 7:30pm
- Citizen awards and raffle to follow
*Due to COVID we will not have a youth raffle or awards ceremony this year. Youth awards can be picked up at the front desk after climbing and the appeals window is closed. Appeals window is the 10 min period after climbing is finished.
**Youth Competitors 12 or older climbing in Youth Sessions may also enter the Citizens comp but are not allowed to score any problems which they climbed on in the Youth Session.