Join us on Nov 5th for our 22nd annual Full Gravity Day bouldering extravaganza. You can boulder your brains out while having fun and competing against the strongest climbers in Southwest Montana. Finals is going to be amazing, so don’t miss out! We’ll have a DJ, lights, huge raffle, and prizes galore.
Date: November 5th, 2022
Location: Spire Main Facility - 13 Enterprise Blvd, Bozeman, MT 59718
Registration: Citizens Comp: **REGISTRATION IS FULL** TEXT US TO GET ON THE WAITLIST AND WE'LL LET YOU KNOW IF ANYONE CANCELS.** $55 - online pre-registration or at Spire until 5pm the day before. $60 - day of competition. Price includes adult beverage (for those of age), raffle ticket, and spectator entry to finals. T-shirts can be purchased day of for $15 and are first-come, first serve upon check in. Click here to register online or register at Spire the day of event.
Competition Formats and Scoring:
- Citizens Comp: Masters (35+), Open (Men V7+, Women V5+), and Intermediate/Beginner (Men V0-V6, Women V0-V4). Redpoint scoring, top 5 completed problems. Failed attempts on scored problems will result in a one-point reduction for each attempt. Top 5 open competitors will proceed to onsight finals. Finals Round is onsight (3 problems).
- Gravity Comp: As many problems as you can do! One point each. No limit on tries.
- Scoring: All Citizens competitors will need to download the KAYA app onto a mobile device and join either the “FGD 22 - Citizens Qualifier” or “FGD 22 – Gravity Comp” challenge to enter their scores and see live results during the competition.
- Rules: Click HERE for all competition rules. All competitors please read prior to competition.
*This year our youth competition will be held as part of the USAC youth Qualifying Event series held on Nov 19th at our Training Center. More info on the USAC Youth QE can be found here. Youth are still welcome to compete in any of the citizens categories at FGD.
**Full Gravity Day is part of Montana’s Last Best Bouldering Competition Series. Adults scores from FGD and youth scores from the QE will count towards the series. More info can be found here.
Prizes and Swag: $1800 cash purse for open Men’s/Women’s (1st - $500, 2nd - $300, 3rd - $100), prizes for other category winners, and raffle.
Finals Spectator Tickets: SOLD OUT! All competitors receive free entry to finals. Tickets are $15 and includes a free adult beverage while supplies last. You can purchase a spectator ticket online HERE. Spectator seating is limited to don’t show up late!
Food: Food Truck (Truck ‘O Montes) 4pm - 8pm will be here throughout the evening to nourish hungry climbers and spectators with Bozeman’s best tacos.
**UPDATED Event Schedule**
We had a few more sign ups than anticipated this year! To accommodate as many folks as we can, we have extended the climbing time to 5 hours. It will be super busy if everyone climbs at the same time, so please spread out and climb anytime within the 5-hour period. You just need to be finished by 5pm. Gravity category can climb the entire session.
The pre-comp meeting is optional. If you have participated before or are comfortable with the rules you do not have to attend. Rules can be found HERE.
All competitors must check in at the front desk when arriving. Please see the updated schedule below.
T-shirts are limited and will be first come first serve upon check in so come early if you want one.
- Check in open: 11am
- Pre-comp meeting: 11:50am (optional)
- Climbing: 12 – 5pm
- Doors open for spectators: 6pm
- Finalist ISO check in: 6 – 6:30pm
- Finals: 7pm
- Citizen awards and raffle to follow
Results: Citizens qualifier results can be found on KAYA. Finals results will be posted HERE after the event.
Gravity is 9.8 m/s squared