Learn how to safely lead climb and belay in a small group with one of our experienced instructors! We'll break down the art of sport belaying (dynamic belaying with soft catches) by using demonstrations and supervised practice. This class is recommended for all climbers aspiring to lead climb and lead belay in the gym, and will lay a foundation for outdoor leading.
- Advance registration required with deposit (member) / full payment (non-member) at time of booking
- Must be at least 14 years of age
- Must be able to climb at the 5.9 grade
- Must be Top Rope Certified at Spire
- Have climbed a minimum of 3 months
Classes are offered weekly, and usually run about 2 and a half hours.
Free for members (deposit returned at time of class), $65 for non-members (day pass and rental gear included). $20 deposit due upon signing up!
Main Facility - 13 Enterprise Blvd, Bozeman MT 59718
*A minimum of 2 participants are required to run Intro to Lead classes.
**Please call 406-586-0706 to be put on a waitlist.