With a less conventional sports background, Matt found his way into coaching through his passion for outdoor adventure. In his 30 years of climbing experience, he has red-pointed 5.14, ascended obscure big walls in Patagonia and shivered his way up technical alpine routes from the Cordillera Blanca to the Alaska range. Throughout these experiences and the many failures in between, Matt has amassed a unique set of skills and insights that shape his coaching style. Utilizing a blend of mediums from Olympic weightlifting to interval training, and technical climbing, Matt will enable you to not only gain physical strength, but also experience breakthroughs in your performance by honing your techniques and optimizing your mental game.
- Movement and strength training
- Practice and technique drills
- Movement analysis and beta analysis
- Red point tactics and mental preparation
- Hang-board training
- Climbing Specific Performance Assessment
- Among a variety of other unique and specific tools depending on the context to of each athletes needs
- 18 years of coaching experience
- USA Weightlifting (USAW) level 2 coach
- AMGA rock instructor
- CF level 2 coach
- Authored Mountain Strength VOL1
- Contributing editor for Climbing Magazine
Services and Rates
- Training rate - $60/hr
- Strategy consults for specific athletic events/goals- expeditions, tournaments, races, climbing projects, etc.
- Personalized strength and conditioning coaching
- Metal game coaching- helps athletes overcome mental barriers that hinder sport performance
- Custom Training Programs - climbing, skiing, and mountain biking
To inquire, submit the form below and Matt will be in touch with you shortly!