About Philip PA-S, M.S., C.S.C.S.
Philip Ferrara is a passionate coach, medical student, and physiologist with over a decade of climbing experience and more than 6 years of coaching experience. He is an NSCA-Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (C.S.C.S.) with a master’s degree in exercise physiology. His master’s thesis focused on finger strength and fatigue in sport rock climbers. His work has been presented at conferences around the world, including the International Rock Climbing Research Association's biennial meeting. Philip current lives in Billings, MT attending Rocky Mountain College for Physician’s Assistant studies. He hopes to work in sports medicines or the emergency department once he graduates.
VIRTUAL COACHING ONLY
- Movement analysis, practice and technique drills
- Strength and conditioning
- Red point tactics and mental preparation
- Hangboard, campusboard training
- Climbing-specific performance assessment
- Physician’s Assistant student at Rocky Mountain College
- M.S. Exercise physiology and nutrition science
- B.S. dietetics
- NSCA-Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- 12 years climbing experience
- 7 years coaching experience
Services and Rates:
- Custom Training Programs
- Month to Month Custom Training and Programming - $199
- Intake evaluation, 4 weeks of personalized workout programming, weekly check-ins and unlimited access to the coach
- Consulting Services
- Programming and nutrition consultations - $59/hour
- Have a training or nutrition question? I’m happy to help!
For more information on Philip and his services check out his website HERE
To inquire, submit the form below and Phil will be in touch with you shortly!
Emma H - Spire Member
"Working with Phil has had a major impact on my climbing. I feel more confident in my leading and have been leading full number grades harder, both inside and outside, since working with him. His commitment to making a manageable, thoughtful and customizable training plan has [...] made me more confident in my climbing..."