Temps are getting sendy, and what better time to train for the upcoming bouldering season than ROCKTOBER! Utilizing the Kilter and Tension boards located at our Training Center, join us for our inaugural citizen's ROCKTOBER Kilter & Tension Competition! This will be a great warm up comp for the upcoming Full Gravity Day 2022 in November! Fall back into bouldering and get sending!
Dates: October 10th - 24th, signups beginning Oct. 4th
Location: Spire Training Center - 10 Innovation Ln, Bozeman, MT, 59718
Registration: To register and participate follow these steps:
- Download the KAYA app to a mobile device and create an account.
- Search for "Rocktober Kilter/Tension Comp"
- Join the challenge HERE
- Log your sends!
Format and Rules: Best 5 Sends, Absolute Scoring
- Categories: Beginner (V0-V3), Intermediate (V4-V6), and Advanced (V7+)
- Absolute Scoring: V0 = 100 points, V1 = 200 points, etc, with 1 point reduced per attempted send. Please use the honor system when logging attempts!
- Competitors will have 2 weeks to submit their sends, with 150 different climbs available on the Kilter and Tension boards at angles ranging from 30-50 degrees!
- Each send will require video upload for proof in the KAYA app.
- Competitors will be ranked per category, and the results will be available on the KAYA app.
Gift card prizes and swag for winners of each categories, Men's and Women's!
What You'll Need:
- A phone
- Kilter, Tension, and KAYA app downloaded
How To Compete:
1. Navigate to the Kilter or Tension wall within Kaya to find the lists of uploaded climbs with name, grade, and angle.
2. On the Kilter or Tension app, load the climb onto the respective wall and bring the wall to the correct angle with the assistance of our desk staff.
3. Attempt the route, log your score into KAYA, and upload your video of yourself sending for proof. Remember, top 5 routes determine your score!