Safety While Climbing at Spire - At Spire Climbing Center, our number-one priority is a safe environment for our customers and staff. To help foster this, we offer free top-rope lessons to all patrons of the gym, any time we are open. In addition, all climbers using the ropes must either take a lesson, or go through a top-rope/lead climbing/Autobelay test process. We also offer free Introduction to Climbing and free lead classes for all members. The Intro to Climbing class is strongly recommended (but not required) and will teach you the skills to get on the wall!
Personal Responsibility - Climbing does have risk; some of which cannot be eliminated no matter how safe a facility is. Please take care to ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. If safe practices are used, the amount of risk can reduced by a significant margin. Our staff can teach you the best practices to reduce the amount of risk. All climbers must sign a liablity release at the front desk or online (click here) before climbing at Spire. Please climb safe while at Spire. If you wouldn't do it outside, please don't do it inside!
1. All climbers and belayers must sign in at the front desk.
2. A signed waiver is required for all climbers and belayers. Those under 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or court-appointed legal guardian.
3. Children 12 years of age or younger must have an adult present at Spire at all times.
4. Unless prior consent is given, only Spire staff may provide instruction at Spire.
5. Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are not permitted at Spire.
6. Profanity or inappropriate language is not permitted at Spire.
7. Please do not bring food or drink onto the blue padded climbing areas.
8. Shirts are to be worn at all times.
9. Please report any unsafe conditions, damage of the walls, holds, or exercise equipment to Spire staff.
1. All climbers must complete separate qualification tests with Spire staff before:
a. Top Rope Belaying
b. Lead Climbing
c. Lead Belaying
d. Using the Autobelay
2. Spotting is recommended when bouldering.
3. Please do not climb above or below other climbers.
4. Please do not swing on ropes or run in the facility.
5. Children 12 years of age or younger are not permitted in the bouldering room without close supervision by an adult.
6. Please climb in appropriate shoes. No bare feet or boots.
7. Be chalk responsible — Help keep Spire clean.
8. Tie in using the follow-through figure-eight knot.
9. Adults may not solo climb above 15 feet. Children 12 years of age and younger may not solo climb higher than their head height.
Spire reserves the right to revoke climbing privileges for unsafe or inappropriate behavior.
Please climb safely.