Don’t hold your breath, the next challenge is here! Climb as many vertical feet as you can. What's your limit?
Do you have what it takes to climb El Cap? If so, why stop there. Come find out and test your stamina, skin and perseverance at Spire’s first ever Vertical Climbing Challenge. Climb as many vertical feet as you can on any grade (routes only) in 5 weeks to see how you match up against the tallest peaks in the world. No experience necessary!
Dates: Jan 11 – Feb 13 (5 weeks!)
Registration: To register and participate follow these steps:
- Download the KAYA app to a mobile device and create an account.
- Search for "Vertical Limit Challenge"
- Join the challenge!
- Log your sends!
Format: Log your routes to gain points. 1 point=1 vertical foot. All routes in the gym are fair game. Participants must complete routes to log sends. Routes can be repeated unlimited times. Sorry, no points for down climbing.
Prizes and Swag!
Participants can earn the following swag for each landmark they achieve.
- El Cap (3200 ft) = Climb Bozeman Sticker
- Sacagawea Peak (9654 ft) = Acupressure ring
- Granite Peak (12808 ft) = Finger roller
- Denali = (20308 ft) = Spire beanie or ball cap to the first 5 only!
- Everest (29032 ft) = Spire sweatshirt to first 5!
- Most vertical feet = Prizes from Title Sponsor Mystery Ranch for top male and female!
Gym Reservations: Participants may climb anytime the gym is open within the challenge dates but must check into the gym with a walk-in or booked reservation. Reservations are not required, but it is highly encouraged during weekday evenings as the gym is busier at these times and may hit COVID occupancy capacity. All participants will need a membership, day pass or punch card to use the facility. Online reservations can be made here.
COVID Rules: All participants must follow Spire’s COVID safety policies here.